Saturday, March 06, 2004

A nice leisurely Saturday. Nothing planned. Nothing to do. Nowhere to go. Was awakened at 8:41 in the morning by an "unknown" caller which means a telemarketer, which means....grrrrrr.

I have finished HP Number Five which means the obsession can move to the back burner and I can get back to reading "real" books. Think I'm going to spend the afternoon knitting and getting some progress done on another scarf. Does this officially make me a weird 80 year old cat lady trapped in a 30 year old body?

Saw Peices of April today and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I found it hard to buy Katie Holmes as a former druggie/abusive/runawaydaughter -- not with those soulful giant doe eyes from Dawson's Creek! -- and even harder to believe that Oliver Platt was supposed to be her suburban dorky FATHER. I think that stems more from the fact that I have a giant crush on Oliver Platt and it disturbs me that he's being cast as someone's DAD. We is all gettin' older, clearly.

No comments: