Saturday, April 10, 2004

One trip to Home Depot and I am feeling like a gardening beast. I decided this weekend to throw away some money on some new houseplants. Right now all I have is a plant that I have literally owned since college and a sad, sickly little umbrella tree that I rescued from my work. That's it. Not good.

So I trekked on down to my neighborhood Home Depot to pick up some cutesy plants that would brighten up my place and bring a bit of spring into my world. First off, I need to report that you Home Depot people are INTENSE. You are totally unforgiving with your giant palates of drywall and 800 pounds of cement mix. I felt like a complete amateur. Little apartment-dwelling Beth was clearly out of her league in this environment.

$23 later, armed with some potting soil and 4 new additions to my plant collection, I returned home feeling content and connected to Mother Nature. Amazing what a little greenery can do for a girl.

No comments: