Thursday, May 01, 2008

Staying Young@Heart

So there's this documentary out, which I really want to see, called Young @ Heart about this choral group made up of folks in their 70's, 80's and even 90's who sing punk songs. Sonic Youth, Coldplay, Lou Reed, the Ramones....you get the picture.

And seriously, every time I go to You Tube and check out their performances I find myself laughing and sobbing at the same time. Tears full on rolling down the cheeks while giggling. Even when I know exactly what to expect it still just slays me. Love 'em, love 'em, LOVE. THEM. Below is a version of "Stayin' Alive/I Will Survive" that brightens my day every time I see it....but if you're feeling like you need something heavier, then go to You Tube and watch the performance of Dylan's "Forever Young" they do at a prison and you will be blubbering like a little girl. You've been warned.

Oh, and BTW, if you think you see Justin Timberlake in this you're right. No joke!



Oh, did I mention I've recently learned how to embed videos into my blog?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was unnecessary. I'm taking a shower now.