Thursday, January 03, 2013

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

Happy 2013, blogosphere. I see we have quite a crowd of folks lined up outside to re-enter the World of Beth - many of whom have camped overnight and have tears streaming down their faces at the thought of hearing my random thoughts and stories. Wait no more, universe! I am back! Huzzah!

Why return now, many of you might ask? Well, it's the start of the new year and time to implement some resolutions. Plus, I'm unemployed and when else will I have this much time to share stories about my chiweenie Franklin?

The main reason, though, is the thousands of emails and letters and phone calls and texts and faxes I received from all over the world, from people just like you, begging me to re-start the blog. Okay, that's maybe not so true.

Actually (and this really is true) my therapist said to me recently, "Have you ever thought about writing a book?" And something clicked in my head - because when your THERAPIST, the licensed medical professional you share all your super crazy talk with, tells you that you have some good material for a book, you can't walk away from that. "I think you'd be really good at it," she said....and all I could do was wonder what I had just blabbered on about that hour that made her think "YOU CANNOT BE MAKING THIS STUFF UP; SOMEONE NEEDS TO WRITE THIS SHIT DOWN."

So really, I'm just carrying out my civic responsibility to share the crazy stuff that happens to me. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

First of all, welcome back to the blogosphere! You know I need things to read while I'm supposed to be working.
I agree about the book, but not based on the angle your therapist may be looking at. I say to you - have you seen the sheer amount of total crap/shit out there??!! You can TOTALLY do better than that. I actually bought a book for Mark as a stocking stuffer. It's just a compilation of pictures and descriptions of everything he ate for a whole year. Granted, it was at the dollar store, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?

Jen said...

Should specify the 'he' is the author of the book.