Monday, March 06, 2006

Beth's Incredibly Low Key Vacation To Come

For the first time in, um, ever, I’m going to be on vacation next week without a single thing planned. No trips, no planes/trains/automobiles, no major home-based projects, nada. Which I do realize is an obnoxious thing to be complaining about (but hey, I’ll do my best). Bring on a week of sleeping in, catching up on my Julia Child DVDs and reading trashy magazines.

I am a wee bit fearful that Reclusive, Asocial Beth will not take over and keep me locked inside my apartment alone for nine straight days with the Puff. I would prefer to be parked at my local hipster coffee shop with my journal catching up on my morning pages….or wandering through an art gallery…or making Saag Paneer....or tossing my beret up into the downtown skyline a la Mary Tyler Moore. My best guess is that it’ll be a combination of all of the above options.

Anybody out there got suggestions for what I could be doing in Seattle next week? Anybody got a beret they can lend me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, a week in Seattle with nothing to do. You could watch every movie that was filmed in or supposedly located in Seattle, take a picture of the location, Photoshop in a candid of Mrs. P wearing a red beret (or any other color for that matter), and post everything to your Web site a la the traveling gnome.

Or you could just sit at home reading trashy magazines. :-)