Saturday, November 22, 2003

So this is cyberspace. I was tossing and turning last night thinking nonstop about the new blog. Dreaming about the blog. Wondering what the blog will look like a year from now. This must be what new parents go through.

Attempted to make almond brittle tonight. I had visions of me providing cute holiday-themed tins full of candy -- that I made myself!-- to my parents when I see them next week. TOTAL DISASTER. Apparently all you're supposed to do is melt some sugar, throw in some almonds and then spread the nutty goo in a pan. Easy enough, right? In the first batch the sugar never turned "golden" and instead looked grey. Second batch turned to a consistency resembling playground gravel. Clearly, despite my recent crafty kick this month, I am not made to enter the candy-making realm.

No comments: