Sunday, December 14, 2003

I am just speechless. Sat down tonight to do some gift wrapping and lay out all the gifts bought thus far so that I could figure out what was left to buy. And here I was feeling pretty smug and crafty since I've been doing little things every now and then since October it seems like...and now that it's all spread out around me it really amounts to not much besides some pretty tissue paper, a few tins to put cookies in (but no cookies) and a few gifts. I am nowhere NEAR being done with shopping. Super.

One more week of work and then its back to Denver. I'm looking forward to having a little more time there, and hope I won't have to spend too much time with the laptop worrying about work. I think it will be good to have some extended time in the homestead -- it always gives me a new perspective -- for better or worse -- at my life here in Seattle. It's like I have absolutely no responsibilities when I'm in Denver, I revert to being twelve and to meeting my friends from high school at the mall. Which isn't BAD persay, but it always gives some a new appreciation for being on my own out here. We'll see how it goes. I can't think too much about Denver or else I won't want to focus on work this week and I really need to be heads down for this final week....

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: