Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Yesterday it was raining so hard that my window resembled a shower door...very grim indeed. But today! Sunshine! In Seattle! Arctic temperatures, but the sun is indeed shining and therefore life can't be all bad today.

Spent all of yesterday in an overworked coma-state. Didn't get anything done and everything seemed to rub me the wrong way. Felt like growling all day. My contacts were misbehaving, so I had to wear my glasses -- which is always disorienting. Made me feel clumsy and askew all day, like my depth perception had been taken away from me.

So wanted to bail on book club, but bucked up and went. It was hard. However, heavily-spiked egg nog was provided, so that made the decision easier. Next selection will be Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem.

Thinking more and more about the new year ahead. Have entitled 2004 to be the NON BEIGE YEAR. Trying to think about how to spice it up...to make more of it...not not waste it by getting trapped in the routine of minutia. Comprehensive list making is imminent. Any suggestions for how to avoid another vanilla beige year?

No comments: