Thursday, May 05, 2005

SIFF Resolution 2005

Every year I make the same resolution. I WILL attend more films at the Seattle International Film Festival! I WILL! I REALLY, HONESTLY, TRULY WILL!

And yet I never do. And every year I march down all proud and giddy with film-geekdom and I buy my tickets by the dozens and then....something happens. I find excuses. Work gets crazy. Someone calls. I get tired and unable to leave my house/nest at 9:30 at night for a showing of some obscure Swedish film I've never heard of. And every year I end of having blown a couple hundred dollars on tickets that are never used. This has happened two years in a row now, which is INCREDIBLY LAME. I KNOW. You don't have to tell me because I walk around all mopey like listening to everyone talk about the great films they've seen and I...well...you get the picture.

And so. It's that time of year again. The SIFF schedule comes out today for 2005 and I have my highlighter pen ready to tear apart the schedule to find the films that I swear to God I WILL SEE. You can check out the schedule here if you'd like. Pass along any recommendations and perhaps I'll see you in line around town basking in the glow that comes from breaking the Film Festival Attendance Curse.

No comments: