Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Beth's OTHER new boyfriend, Dell

Move over, iPod mini....it's time to meet the newest addition to Beth's technology roster, Mr. Brand New Dell Laptop. Sigh. It's true. I'm in love. He's dreamy and shiny and fast and really, really smart.

Although he has yet to find his way into my apartment, my Shiny New Smart Laptop should be arriving in a week or so and I could not be more excited. My current laptop is from 1998 (yes, that's eight years ago), which essentially makes it a 20-pound rock powered by an elderly gerbil and a ball of twine. This laptop has been with me since my receptionist days -- before public relations, before Y2K, before the dot-com bubble both ballooned and then burst, before Mrs. Puff, before the dawn of time itself, apparently. Now the thing gets cranky if I want to have more than one application open at a time.

Imagine -- a world of multiple applications. I shudder at the thought of it. CD and DVD burning have nothing on the concept of my being able to surf AND work on a Word document at the same time. I need to tread cautiously with the new power I will soon possess....it boggles my low-tech brain.

No comments: