Monday, January 09, 2006

Two weekends into 2006 and I am still not entirely transformed

So last year at this time I was all gung-ho into fitness and exercise and transformation and becoming the Newer, Fitter Beth. Apparently that’s not happening in 2006 because for the second weekend in a row I have spent WAY too much time napping, reading or on my couch watching "Scrubs" on DVD. I may heart Zach Braff (Zach, call me!), but this does not make for a Fitter Beth.

In a new low, I overdosed today on Sudafed thanks for an allergy attack and spent the majority of the day literally staring at the ceiling which my mouth open. I felt like I was re-enacting the scene in "Sid & Nancy" where they set the apartment on fire during an overdose and just have to stare slack-jawed as the flames engulf the place because they’re too stoned to move. Yup. Not my finest moment.

Here’s hoping the third weekend’s going to be a more active charmer. Unless I find myself sprawled on my bathroom floor in a Nyquil-induced haze, I’m not sure how it couldn’t be an improvement.

No comments: