Sunday, March 14, 2004

Classic Beth weekend in which I start a project thinking it will only take an hour or so and it ends up sucking away the entire afternoon: I get it into my head to organize all of my photos chronologically. I took every picture I had out of the photo albums, threw them into a giant pile and then organized them once and for all into order.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking. They were 75 percent organized to begin with and that's far better than the rest of the world that keeps their pictures in a shoebox under the bed. But it's one of those projects that once you start, you can't give up half way through. After you've got 30 years of snapshots laying in a heap on your floor, there's really only one way out.

So I sat for three hours staring at vacation pictures and asking myself "Okay, was this trip to San Francisco in 1998 or 1997?" Siiiiigh.

I have to say, however, it was immensely enjoyable. Kind of amusing that after everything got filed and organized, there were about 10 pictures that I couldn't place anywhere. Most were of the cat...I mean, it's tough to determine if a picture of Thomas on my floor is from 1999 or the summer of 2000, you know? Some were of generic beach shots. Could have been Italy. Or Seattle. Or anywhere.

Time for a long bath and then to bed. The week looms ahead of me.

No comments: