Monday, March 22, 2004

Given yesterday's lengthy post about puttering and being housebound, I've decided to see what I could find about puttering on the good ol' Internet. In my search, I came across the Ladies Against Feminism site. There's an excellent description of puttering found here, but that whole idea really gets sidetracked once you get onto the site. This is one helluva group of ladies. Apart from the fact it goes against everything I stand for and believe in, this is a site worth spending a few minutes on. A few. Not too many.

For one, as much as I hate to say it, the site is intelligently written and it provides an incredible volume of resources and information which makes me give it a little credibility rather than making me immediately dismiss it as backwards conservative misogynistic bullshit.

For two, in the words of Voltaire, I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

For three, this is a terrific motivational tool to encourage proud, beautiful, powerful, intelligent feminists -- and that includes both women AND men, folks -- to donate money or time or resources to the National Organization for Women, Planned Parenthood, Emily's List or any other pro feminist organization. Get involved, be informed and know the issues!

No comments: