Thursday, September 30, 2004

Reunions?

Well it's been a sad couple of days in Bethville, but thanks to all of you for your kind words and warm memories of the Wonder Cat. I find it tremendously comforting to think of him up in heaven riding around on Emma the Wonder German Shepard (she used to let ME ride around on her, why wouldn't she let Thomas?), staring intently at my freakishly ancient 6-year-old goldfish, and hanging tough with Mooshie the Enormous Housecat/Lynx. I'd also like to think that he would stargaze like a dork at the various Morris actor cats that have passed over the years. It's not a bad way to pass on.

My vet gave me this poem about the Rainbow Bridge. I literally wept the first time I read it. But now that I've had some time to think about it, I feel....weird about the idea of Thomas being in some odd heavenly waiting room of sorts hanging out until I get back. It raises all sorts of logistics questions. What happens if he doesn't get along with the other animals that are also waiting for me? What if my mom picks up Emma and Mooshie before I get there? Is there like a coat check girl there that helps me track down my group of furry buddies?

Yes, I'm actually mocking the Rainbow Bridge. I think this must mean I'm starting to feel better.

No comments: