Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Sap Alert

Since I moved into this new apartment, I've yet to call my cable guy and get myself hooked up. And I mean that in a literal "I need to get cable" way, not in the dirty way that sentence turned out. Maybe I need to do that too. MY POINT IS....

Without cable, I basically have three stations to watch and all of them are crappy crapperson. It has been night after night of watching crap family sitcoms with laugh tracks and bad reality shows that aren't interesting. (Internal voice: "Beth, couldn't you, say, LEAVE the house or do something besides watch TV?") Shut up, Internal Voice. MY POINT IS...

First there was the Oprah episode that reduced me to tears. Then tonight I just watched ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition where the Trading Spaces guy rebuilt a house for a family of TEN after the husband died of a BRAIN TUMOR. And guess who was there, sitting on her sofa, crying AGAIN with joy about this family's new home? Yup. You guessed it.

Tomorrow Maria Shriver is talking to Roy Horn about his recovery. This totally sets me up for a bad Kleenex-ridden habit that needs to be broken as soon as possible.

No comments: