Friday, April 07, 2006

Chillin' on a Friday Night

Yo, World at Large, waddup? It's a mellow Friday night, the Thievery Corporation is humming along in the other room and I'm surfing around catching up on a few of my neglected favorite blogs. All seems well in the world. A few quick items:

1.) I just re-read my post about the man-slash-fawn crush and it kind of creeps me out. Strike that, it REALLY SERIOUSLY MAJORLY creeps me out. I realize my dating record is a bit dusty, but it seems a bad sign when I'm turning to animal hybrid children's literary characters. Worst of all, I wasn't even remotely drunk when I typed the words "Mr. Yumnus" in public.

2.) I'm feeling smug because I recently picked up several non-fiction books and this always makes me feel like I'm smart. Whether I'll read them or not is another story, but for now I can at least pretend to know something about Freakonomics, Blink and The World Is Flat. Just don't ask me any detailed questions about anything besides the front covers.

3.) Props and snaps and high fives to my two amigas that are coming to visit me in Seattle this summer! I'm quite looking forward to showing y'all the Emerald City.

4.) Does it make me a complete and total dork that I'm a little sad I didn't get to go to CTIA this year? Yeah, I thought so.

No comments: