Monday, October 04, 2004

The Soul Mate Game

By far the WORST MIND GAME IN THE HISTORY OF MIND GAMES is a little ditty I like to call the Soul Mate Game.

You know this one.

This is the mind game you play with yourself when you consider all of the people in the world that have found soul mates EXCEPT YOU. The crazy guy on the bus that sweats all the time? Check. Your allergist that shaves off her eyebrows and then hand draws them back in? Your neighbor that listens to Toby Keith for 48 HOURS STRAIGHT. Yes, all of these people have found someone. Even Osama has a soul mate. I'm not saying they're happy. I'm not saying I envy them.

It's just. That for a brief moment. Someone said, "YES THIS IS THE PERSON FOR ME THAT I WILL WAKE UP WITH EVERY MORNING AND SPEND EVERY SINGLE DAY WITH. YES, SIGN ME UP FOR THAT."

God I hate/love the Soul Mate Game.

No comments: