Thursday, December 02, 2004

A brilliant writer

Recently, while deeply entrenched in the Homeland Tour 2004, I found myself engrossed with Amanda Davis' Wonder When You'll Miss Me. I simply COULD NOT put this book down. I fell in the love the characters and with the author's voice -- it was just a great, great read. Cannot recommend it enough to you people.

I first heard about Amanda Davis from McSweeney's last spring, when they ran this memorial to her, but it didn't resonate with me because I just didn't know who they were talking about. People would be going on and on about this memorial and tell me how this McSweeney's tribute moved them to tears and what a wonderful, wonderful writer Amanda Davis was and all the while I just, well, felt bad that she had died, but at the same time wasn't sure what everyone was talking about. I know now. It makes me sad to have finished this book and know that there won't be any more to look forward too.

No comments: