Sunday, December 05, 2004

Debby and Mark and the 91 Cats

So today, while laying sluglike on my couch, I found myself watching my new favorite program, Animal Cops: Detroit on Animal Planet. I cannot get enough of this show. They could show it on a reel for 24 hours straight and I clearly would have to call in sick from work so that I wouldn't miss a single episode. This show kicks so much ass and rocks so hard that I don't even know where to begin. There are other cities that feature the Animal Cops, like Austin, but those are boring and feature mostly horse rescues from delapitated barns. Yawwwwn.

Detroit is where it's at. Debby MacDonald is the absolute highlight of the show. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. I love the narrator, and I love the freaks that they bust for animal cruelty and I love the happy endings where they show the warm fuzzy homes that the animals end up in.

So. Anyway. This afternoon, they busted a house that was "overrun" with cats. As in 90 cats (plus a dead one). In a single house. 90 CATS. They were everywhere, running around like vermin and they were MEAN bastards, too. I was actually jumping on my sofa cheering and pointing to where the cats where hiding. There's another one, Debby! Go! Get it! It was insane and gross and tragic because all 90 cats (except one) ended up going up to the Rainbow Bridge in heaven because they were so disease-ridden and crazy.

What a great afternoon.

No comments: