Thursday, March 24, 2005

I've said it before....

...and I'll say it again. Seattle is an awesome place when it comes its libraries. We are just nutso for libraries. Can't get enough of 'em. Yet another great article about the Central Library here.

People ask why I left Colorado, a state that RIOTS when rival college football teams play each other, a state where it's okay to wear a Broncos jersey to the theater...and I draw their attention to the fact that Seattle love its libraries more than it loves its football team. I realize that sounds kind of snotty, but I couldn't think of leaving a town with this much passion for its public libraries. How could I? We're like the nerdy state way up in the corner of America with thick glasses and pocket protectors and our heads buried in an encyclopedia. Ah, Seattle, my dork-infested moss-encrusted homeland, how I love you...

No comments: