Wednesday, March 23, 2005

PoweR Trippin'

Lately I've been writing about how sad things are and how sad I feel and how sad my family is and well....you get the idea. I've decided that now is the time to buck the trend and write about something that makes me absolutely giddy -- that is, MTV's new show PoweR Girls.

For those of you NOT obsessed with this new program, it's a reality show about a PR agency in New York that specializes in club openings and celebrities. It follows the young, nubile staff around as they romp around in slip dresses with clipboards launching nightclubs and trying to get Lindsey Lohan's picture into US Weekly.

I've worked in PR for a while now and can safely say that this show is 100 percent totally representative of my experience, in that Paris Hilton is totally representative of farmers and interns and whatever else she does on that show of hers. Yuppers. I've never worn a slip dress in any sort of professional capacity and the only celebrity encounter I had was when I once stood near a guy in a Spongebob Squarepants costume at a trade show. This show really might as well be set in a remote Afghan village for as foreign as it is to any semblance of my daily reality.

Which is why, as I type this, I feel better already, with my weekly infusion of PoweR blaring softly in the background. Ahhhhhhhh.....

No comments: