Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Sad News

I feel weird delivering this news over my blog to the ENTIRE Internet, but wanted to tell folks that my uncle passed away on Monday and I'll be heading home for the services this weekend.

I remember writing about him over a year ago when we first learned he had cancer and the doctors had only given him a few months at most. He proved them wrong and really made a terrific effort to live to the fullest in the time he had, surrounded by the folks that loved him most. For that, I truly admire him and think there's a lesson in that approach to life for all of us.

More later, but I'll be taking a few days off to be with the fam. Being home sounds so great right now and being able to be there to support my mom during a really painful time for her feels even better.

No comments: