Tuesday, January 11, 2005

It appears I owe Zach Braff an apology

Okay Zach,

I'm sorry. I was kind of irritated by Garden State when I heard about it. You couldn't just write a movie, you had to direct it AND star in it? AND co-star with Natalie Portman? AND, while you're at it, produce the movie soundtack? How could I not be slightly annoyed by all of that? What cynic worth her salt wouldn't snarf at all of that? But last fall I actually SAW Garden State and it was REALLY NOT BAD AT ALL. Which made me feel kind of bad for the aforementioned Irritation At You.

And last night I finally succombed and bought the movie soundtrack and it was, well, FABULOUS. I actually can use the word "delicate" to describe it and not be that far off base. Nicely done, AGAIN.

And today, I found your blog for Garden State (okay, that's a bit much, but I'll suspend comment for now) and IT TOO was quite amusing. Dammit, Zach, you're a funny guy.

So anyway. Sorry I've been so snotty about you and thinking ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE ZACH BRAFFNESS because it turns out that the stuff you do is actually quite amusing and entertaining.

Cheers,
Beth




No comments: