Friday, January 16, 2004

Beth returns to the blogging world! After a hectic few days in Dallas, I'm back at home and gearing up for a chill weekend. I was only in the Lone Star State for three days, so I wasn't able to see much -- which was disappointing. From my brief time there, I can tell (1) Dallas residents seem to take enormous pride in their malls and shopping centers (2) many Texas women wear lots of leather and have incredibly, unnaturally round breasts.

To learn more about what about my three days were like, let me just say that the only place in the entire hotel where I could use my cell phone is under this horse in the hotel lobby. Think of me just sitting on that little green ledge for three days shouting out "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?".

I would like to give a loud shout out to a friend of mine who turned 30 this week. You know who you are. We go back to a time when the two of us lived on a time machine (i.e., a wooden swingset in her backyard) and pretended to be married to Charles Grodin from the Muppet Movie. Yes, I really said Charles Grodin. Really. This means I have known her for over a quarter century. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL. The whole staff at KSIS radio, the Ducky Detective Agency and the Nature News wish you the best.

No comments: