Saturday, January 03, 2004

The snow rages on! Stormwatch 2004 continues as Seattle is blanketed with up to 2 inches of snow. To prove that I have become an official Seattleite, I was on my way to run some errands, glanced out the window before grabbing my coat and actually had a moment of PANIC when I saw the white flakes falling on my courtyard. Should I postpone? Wait it out? What if it got worse? If I braved the roads, would I get into an accident? Which route could I take that would involve no bridges, sidestreets or highways? AHHHHH!

In the end, I decided to walk to my errand, which made me feel very clever. TAKE THAT, SNOWSTORM! Then, in my giddiness, I promptly slipped on a puddle of slush in front of Pacific Place and fell on my ass in front of a homeless guy. Siiiiigh. Back inside now where its warm and dry. Think I'm going to find the orange cat and crawl into bed until I have to go back out again to meet up with my old Metapathian friend Tess.

There is nothing but CRAP on TV today. My friend Jenny was kind enough to tape Angels in America (side note: I was typing too fast and typed "Angles In America," which would be a really lame geometry special....and hopefully not something I'd have to sit through on a winter's day)...so perhaps I'll watch that.

Scatterbrained today. I blame the weather.

No comments: