Thursday, January 01, 2004

A new year, a new beginning.

I'm going with the "clean slate" approach for the new year, which intellectually I know is impossible, but emotionally, I find comforting and exciting. Why not toss aside the regrets, the mistakes and the "should haves" of the year before and focus on what can still be...and then begin again? I read an issue of O (yes, the Oprah magazine, it's NOT BAD) a few months ago that focused on the idea of "excellence" and being the best that you can be. I like that idea as we enter into a new year.

Before I forget, I need to point out that RANDOM GIFTS RULE!! Totally unexpected packages that show up on your doorstep from good friends are truly one of the most awesome things in the world. They just make you feel all warm and fuzzy and watched over. You know who you are and what you sent. THANK YOU!! I will do my best to complete your mission within the next year.

It's snowy here, at least it was yesterday. Amazing was a few inches of snow does to this city. I mock the drivers here and the choas that ensues when it snows, but at the same time, I'm more than happy to brew up some tea and snuggle inside all day long. If I don't need to be out in the cold, I won't force the issue.

Still sick, but feeling massively better. Able to breathe! Breathing is GOOD. Voice still sounds like gravel. I went to bed at 10:30 last night and slept for 13 hours. That's either a good thing (I needed rest) or a scary thing (I have mono?). Had to miss some New Year's activities, but it was for the best. I'm bummed, but feeling better, so that makes it all balance out.

On a final note, it was great to hear that many of you (at least THREE PEOPLE!) are regularly reading and enjoying the blog. I'm really having a good time doing it and look forward as we all pursue a NON BEIGE YEAR in 2004.

No comments: