Saturday, January 24, 2004

Laaaazy, lazy Saturday. Ironically, after a long post about wanting to get out more, I've nestled at home all day so far today.

Okay, so to start off, this naked hiker guy in England finally completed his trip. I remember reading about this online a while back and chuckling...he was going to walk the entire length of England totally nude in order to draw attention to nudist rights. It's actually pretty impressive -- I can't seem to so much as walk around the block fully clothed and this guy covers all of England in the buff. Go Naked Guy!

Secondly, I'm leaving for San Francisco next weekend! Yaaaahoo! A real live vacation where I don't have to bring the laptop and check email six times a day...does such a thing exist?

It's been a while since I've been there, four years. On my last visit, I split the visit up between two friends -- first a few days with the always generous Rachel and Mike Johnson in their cabin in the forest where we played football in the middle of the night and became obsessed with finding the Blair Witch (or was it to play football with the Blair Witch?) and drank wine and danced to Erasure and Ani DiFranco...Then headed into the city to see Jean and Joe and their very newly adopted tiny black kitten, where we saw a Billy Bragg show and a horrifying movie called "The Acid House" and had breakfast at this fabulous place on Haight.

Good times. Here's to more of them in The City.

No comments: