Friday, January 30, 2004

So its departure day at long last. My mind is blank and distracted. Can't concentrate on anything, can't get deeply involved with projects. Can't even get focused on San Francisco. Just staring blankly at my computer screen.

They had a birthday party for me at work this morning. Gave me 3 balloons and some cookies from the Starbucks across the street. I talked about my trip this weekend and then there was silence. "Well, yeah, okay. Thanks everyone, this was great." We went back to our desks after about five minutes. It was very depressing. The thought was there -- I know that's what counts and I DO appreciate the effort -- but it made me feel lethargic and sad.

Wind is blowing so hard outside it's actually rattling my windows. Think the sugar from the cookie has given me a headache. Maybe I'm just tired. Bleh.

No comments: