Wednesday, January 21, 2004

So we're heading into Valentine's Day season -- and as much as I'd like to think of myself as a fierce, independent, "grrrrl power" type of grrrl-- it's depressing.

I'm tired of having to buy MYSELF flowers and always having to do EVERYTHING for myself. Self reliance is great and all, but its always this time of year that makes me want someone who could make me a nice cup of jasmine tea after dinner, who makes sure my car gets to Grease Monkey on time, who says "No no, you've had a hard day...let ME clean up the kitchen."

However, lest this turn maudlin, I turn instead to the Bitter Barren Spinster Club, which is a FABULOUS website celebrating all things for the bitter, single girl. Check it out and note too the bags "made with bitterness by MegaBeth." Love them.

No comments: