Wednesday, January 07, 2004

So here's my Thing To Worry About Today.

I was talking to this guy the other night, the one that takes care of Thomas while I'm away, and we were discussing how much downtown Seattle has changed/grown over the years. And we're talking about my "neighborhood" and how much they've built it up lately and he starts talking about how it'll be a shame when my apartment building isn't there anymore.

Um.

Not there anymore? What? So he starts going into property taxes and the cost of land and how pretty soon the apartment owners won't be able to afford my building given all this growth and the next thing you'll know they'll have to demolish it and build a high-rise or office park there instead.

Um.

Demolish it? My apartment building? I know we were just talking hypethetically and sure, in 20 years, who knows if my building will still be here. But now I'm freaking out thinking I need to move by next month because of the (largely imaginary) demolition crews that are lurking right outside of my building any minute now.

Weather is slushy and wet and messy and slippery. Head cold continues to improve, despite a gross cough. Wonder cat is...sleeping under my covers full time. Is he cold? Insecure? That's the report for Wednesday.

No comments: