Monday, April 19, 2004

Man I love libraries. I mean, I LOVE THEM. I love what they stand for, I love what they provide for a community. They just rock. When I lived in Denver, one of my favorite places was the downtown library they had just built at the time. One of the saddest things is to walk into a run-down library and feel all...icky...while you're there. It feels like a disservice.

There was a book/library convention here a few weeks ago and I was seriously giddy to see all of the library and book aficionados walking around the convention center with their cardigans and their book bags and their sensible walkin' shoes. Those are my peeps!

So I have to gloat and share that in just a few short weeks, Seattle is getting a brand spankin' new library right downtown. Check it out here. It's very cool looking.
I will be there with bells on when it opens.

Okay, so maybe muted bells so I don't get yelled at by a librarian.

No comments: