Sunday, April 25, 2004

Sitting here. Doing nothing. Haven't done laundry. Haven't cleaned my house. I leave for New Orleans is less than a week and I'm totally unprepared. Totally useless day.

Well, that's not true. I did have a darned nice brunch with my friend Steph over some killer bloody marys, so it hasn't been entirely non-productive. And I did buy a fun pair of pink slides from Payless for $7.

Was surprised to see that Jelly shoes are making a comeback. That is, if the Capital Hill Payless is any indicator of couture fashion and I believe it is. Those were such a bad idea, even when we were 10. The sweating! The slipping! The dirt! The imprints of your grimy foot on the plastic soul. Why would we relive this experience? I am all for fun, colorful summer shoes, but let's get a grip and not relive our jellied past.

Need to slide my pink (non jellied) shoes on and see if they motivate me any...

No comments: