Saturday, April 03, 2004

Today was so good it was just...silly. Just downright silly.

First of all, I was the recent recipient of not one, but TWO random gifts from people. Random gifts rock! They're just like little hugs in a package (that sounds really corny, but its true)...just knowing that someone was thinking of you and wanting to send something your way is enough to put a goofy smile all over your face. Thank you so, so much. You know who you are and how much you rock.

So, giddy from my recent gifts, I decided to take advantage of the first official sunny warm day in Seattle and headed for Alki Beach. Alki is my happy place. It's like a slice of Venice Beach right here at home. There are cars lined up for miles just cruising the main drag, there are rollerblading bikini clad girlies, there are bikers looking mean, there's even an ice cream truck. I parked far away and walked towards the beach...literally GRINNING because its warm and sunny and the city looks beautiful and the Sound is this unreal shade of blue and HEY I got two random gifts recently! It was truly a nice day to be alive.

Laid out for two hours, sifting the sand through my fingers, listening to the waves. It was allll good.

Just got done watching LOTR The Two Towers. Lesson learned: War is bad. Also, trees can only put up with so much before they just get pissed off and vengeful.

No comments: