Saturday, June 11, 2005

Great idea for Summer 2005

Once again, Andrea Scher's Superhero Journal has provided me with inspiration and kind words. There's something about her writing style and enthusiasm for life that is just infectious, even on my most cynical days, of which there are many.

If you go to her site, the June 7 entry talks about writing yourself a letter entitled "What I Did During the Summer of 2005 That Made Me A Better, Smarter, Happier Person." If you mail her your letter with a SASE, she'll mail it back to you at the end of the summer so you can see how you did.

First off, WHAT A GREAT IDEA. Aren't you already starting a mental list of stuff to do this summer that could be put into that letter? Doesn't it get your wheels spinning around the possibilities and opportunities over the next few months? Especially for Seattleites I think this is a great idea since our summers are so incredibly incredible and unlike anything we'll see for the other 9 months of the year.

I have visions of me leaning against a log at Alki on a sunny hot day watching the waves, listening to Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, my quintessential summer album....it's all good, folks.

No comments: