Sunday, May 09, 2004

Four days blog-free. So much to update. There were a FEW celebrity sightings at the show...but no one particularly exciting. A few people from Survivor and Ruben from American Idol. Candace Bushnell was supposed to have been at the show, but I didn't see her. I'm glad its all over.

The vacation part of wonderful and lazy and full of pooltime in the sun. Pleased to report that I did not return to Seattle with a third-degree sunburn like I did two years ago. Felt very old and out of it when we stumbled down to the pool only to find about 20 college kids on spring break in their tanned and toned and thonged glory running around with their cigarettes and daquiries. Keep it down, will ya? I'm trying to read my Marie Claire in peace and quiet -- and stop running so soon after being in the pool!

Had the obligatory Hurricane at Pat O'Briens, which was NASTY, much like 20 ounces of Hawaiian Punch concentrate with rum mixed in. Please, kids, do not try those at home. Spent some quality time at Cafe DuMonde people watching and snarfing down beignets and frozen coffee slushies. Watched an angry clown shout at people. Note to self: No one likes to be around angry clowns.

Think one of the best nights consisted of staying inside our hotel room watching the last episode of Friends and eating pizza and oreos and Bud Light. I really am a simple white trash girl at heart, I think.

Overall, I'm so so glad to be home...sitting back here looking into my courtyard listening to Ryan Adams and chilling on a slow, sunny Sunday. Always interesting to come back after a long trip and see how it changes your perspective on things. You get a new view on your routine after you've been away from it for a while. A new appreciation for some things and a new motivation to change others.

Finally -- a big fat, sloppy HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of my friends that are (gasp!) MOTHERS. Hope you have a wonderful day...you all deserve the best.

No comments: