Saturday, May 01, 2004

I have arrived and so far things seem to be going pretty smoothly. Have I just jinxed myself by saying that? A lovely dinner last night in the touristy Riverwalk shopping mall complete with a waiter named "Jashhhon" that had a lisp. Kicked off the morning with Beignets coated with a good inch of powdered sugar and a scaulding cafe au lait. Can't talk about New Orleans without mentioning the food in every other sentence.

Weather here seems cool and (relatively) lovely given that the last time I was in this city it was 100 degrees and sopping wet. Feet are already sore from scurrying around the show floor and it hasn't even begun yet. Didn't I say a few weeks ago that I was hoping to be perkier and more in shape to prepare for this show...? Um, what happened with that?

I forget that fresh food is an impossibility here. Everything is either deep fried or slathered in gravy or batter to prepare for deep frying. Ah well, I won't care later this week when the vacation portion of this trip kicks in. Cannot wait to be poolside with a Hurricane getting some sun...but for now it's four day of workin' feverishly. Stay tuned...

No comments: