Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Okay, I'm a big sucker incapable of reading fine print. I'm also incredibly peeved right now.

I got on a kick this afternoon to upgrade my cell phone. Everyone else has these great funky phones that all but give hot stone massages, and I still have my weird little phone whose main feature is that it's BLUE.

So I found out that Sprint has an upgrade dealio where they give existing customers $150 towards a new phone every 18 months. Hello new phone! I had my eye on this one especially. I could send not only pictures, but videos with my phone. VIDEOS, people. I was practically foaming at the mouth.

Unfortunately my experience at my local Sprint store taught me that there are some catches to the upgrade deal and it turns out that...well...long story short the upgrade deal is still pretty cool, but it's not an instant gratification/ticket to an almost free phone sort of thing.

I feel so peeeeved right now at them for getting my hopes up like that. If I had a video phone I could email you streaming video of me sitting here ranting and typing angrily. Alas, it may be a while...

No comments: