Saturday, August 07, 2004

God DAMN but I am productive when there is no television to watch. I feel like I'm on some sort of retreat where I am forced to actually read and think and call people and get stuff done. There's no distraction from Queer Eye or Designed to Sell or the Clorox informercial on how bleach is produced. Tonight I actually sat in front of my window with a steaming mug of tea and watched the sun set into a pinkish orangy sky. I've read two books today. TWO books in one day -- I mean, how insane is that? I listened to CDs. I read a magazine cover to cover. Its like being on vacation in a very accomodating hotel with all of my possessions. My brain feels quiet and restless without the background noise. It's hard to realize how much baaaad TV I used to watch, how many hours I wasted sitting on the couch watching infomercials and Simpsons reruns. It kept me company, more than I really care to admit.

I'm actually thinking of not hooking up my cable permanently. Maybe I could go for a few months and see how it goes?

No comments: