Sunday, November 14, 2004

Weekend recap

In just a little over 48 hours, this weekend has managed to make me stupider. As in, WAY stupider.

For starters, I nestled in on Saturday night with "13 Going On 30." Now I didn't expect a masterpeice here. I knew what I was getting into. OR DID I. Because this movie was SO BAD I found myself actually wincing throughout almost every minute of it. Clutching a pillow, curled up into a fetal ball type of wincing. I had to fast forward at multiple points in the viewing process because I was embarrassed for the people I was watching. (Hi, Mark Ruffalo, it's me, this is yet ANOTHER seriously crappy movie you've made...it's clear that it's not going to work out between us...) Two hours of my life I will not get back, thank you very much.

And now. NOW. I am actually watching this made for tv movie about killer storms and energy company corruption and finding myself not able to turn away from the horror that IS this movie. Nancy McKeon? And Greg from "Dharma and..." playing a married power company guy sleeping with his PR executive? And Dianne Wiest literally WADDLING around this mock-up of Washington, DC in a boxy jacket from 1984? Who could turn away from this???

Gotta go.

No comments: