Friday, February 04, 2005

The annual birthday cold

Perfect. Abso-freaking-lutely perfect. I am sick. My throat feels like there's a hedgehog trapped inside of it. I'm all flushed and sweaty-looking. Clearly I am (1) on vacation and (2) it's my birthday because it seems without fail that I get sick every year on or around my birthday. It's just a head cold. I'll survive, but I'm whiny. Still, it sucks and it's snowing here and did I mention that my throat really, really hurts? UGGGGGH.

The highlight of yesterday was a lovely, leisurely afternoon tea service at Teaism. The Mutan White tea was an absolutely lifesaver for my whiny little body and really, who can complain when there are smoked salmon and wasabi cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off? It's all good when you're enjoying yummy food and hot tea and old friends back from your poodle-perm days.

No comments: