Sunday, February 13, 2005

I am a stud mistress

Ain't THAT a good subject line? Aren't you curious now? How exactly, Beth, are you a stud mistress?

Let me tell you.

We are in Week Seven of my 2005 12 Week Self Imposed Fitness Plan (SIFP) and this is the week I am supposed to do the 3-mile Leslie Sanson videotape. (In the SIFP I'm aiming to up my exercise by doing Leslie Sansone walking videos because she's the only exercise instructor that doesn't bug the bejeezus out of me, plus they come in 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile increments, so it's easy to ramp up...) The 3 mile is a tape that I tried to do a year or so ago. I could do the 2 mile, but the 3 mile? It kicked my ass, I got about 2/3 of the way through it and turned it off, sweating and cranky.

But tonight! Tonight, gentle readers! The stud mistress got herself all the way through the 45-minute 3 mile tape without collapsing. I have done it. I will have to do it again, at least three times this week, but the first time is always the worst and I have DONE IT.

Tonight I sit on the couch and feel smug and happy and proud that the SIFP is working.

No comments: