Saturday, February 26, 2005

The SIFP hits a snag

I am not raising a white flag of defeat by any means, but it's been a week and a half since I've worked out and I have seriously got to get my behind in gear and refocus or else the Self Imposed Fitness Plan is going to go to all hell in a handbasket after just two weeks of sloughing off. I feel like I'm at some sort of make-or-break point where I'm THISCLOSE to losing all momentum and just curling up on the couch again.

Okay. Phew. A few lessons learned:
1.) You CANNOT stop the momentum because the minute you do and with every minute that passes by afterwards it gets more and more difficult to catch up.
2.) The low carb diet thing? It works. It's a bit of a pain to adjust to, but it does work. A warning though that if you (okay, me) deviate from it and slip in a bagel or bowl of pasta every now and then your brain (okay, my brain) will go ABSOLUTELY HAYWIRE and make you (me) obsess day and night about what other carb-laden goodness can be shoved into your mouth, including, but not limited to, shortbread, cereal, bread, cupcakes, lasagna and lemon coffee cake.

No comments: