Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I hate being sick. I feel like I was JUST sick at Christmas and here it is again. Shivering, shivering, shivering. All I've done for three days is lay in bed, rub my hands together to warm them up, sleep for 4-5 hours at a time, and worry about my life. I can't even read.

The bad part about being sick (or unemployed, or any situation where you are stuck at home alone for a long period of time) is that you just sit there and every little worry and concern about the past 200 years is allowed to creep in and crawl all over you. Watching bad daytime TV doesn't help much. I need to get back to work just so I can rejoin the real world.

A telemarketer called tonight and asked if I wanted to be a part of research studies/field testing for $50 a pop. I said yes (I'm sick and I haven't talked to anyone in three days, I think I was lonely). He started asking all sorts of questions and it wasn't until it was like half done that it occurred to me he could have been an escaped maniac or something. Let's hope not.

No comments: