Tuesday, February 17, 2004

There's an old saying that you get what you pay for and that is especially true for haircuts. I was sitting in the laundromat yesterday, staring out into the rain at the Great Clips across the street thinking how long it had been since I had my hair cut. November? So I figured -- what the hell -- it's $16 -- I'll just go for it. How bad could it be?

And the answer is, not bad at all. But also not too terribly warm and fuzzy and bitchin'. I look fine, I got what I asked for, I don't need to wear a hat for a month. But something was lacking. If you don't mind a Russian woman named Sonja with minimal conversational skills, who stares at the clock CONSTANTLY and sighs throughout your haircut, then I would highly recommend it.

Switching gears, I need to point out a fabulous website I found recently called Fitday.com -- which provides a FREE online resource where you can track your meals/nutrition, exercise/activities, etc. and get fancy-schmancy reports of your weight loss progress. This seriously puts the online Weight Watchers site to shame. Does this mean I'm losing weight? Starting a new commitment to weight loss and fitness? Um. No. But it's handy to have.

No comments: