Monday, February 09, 2004

The knitting attempts continue and I am dangerously close to figuring it out! So far I managed to eek out about six inches of scarf, most of which looks like a really talented six year old knit it. It's all sloppy and loose and falling apart. Only last night while watching My Surreal Life did I get the full hang of it and it started to take an actual turn for the better.

Now I don't want to stop doing it...I worry that I'll get bored after a couple of weeks and move onto some other obsession. Remember the needlepoint phase of Summer 2003? Two little screens and then it was over. The yarn itself is already bugging me -- the color (it's teal), the texture (semi scratchy), it's just not what I would want a scarf to be made out of...but it came as a starter kit and I have to start somewhere, right?

Yes, by the way, I really did say "while watching 'My Surreal Life.'" It's like a train wreck. It's worse than a train wreck. You find yourself sucked in and then you can't look away, even though it makes you feel all guilty and embarrassed and sort of ashamed. It's gooooood.

No comments: