Friday, February 06, 2004

So the re-becoming a vegetarian thing is moving pretty slowly. Not that I'm eating entire roasts or anything, but its a big lifestyle change. Think I'm still in the "building awareness" phase where I want to read everything possible about the meat industry and vegetarian lifestyles and a more natural/organic/holistic way of living. If you've got good sites/magazines/books I should check out, please pass them my way!

This all brings me to a conversation I was having the other day with someone about natural cleaners. I was tidying up under my kitchen sink a while back and got a little grossed out by the number of products I had, many of which are, no doubt, toxic and non environmentally friendly. First off this made me want to reduce the sheer number of products I had (seriously, its just a one-bedroom apartment, not a 300-room hotel) and then find more naturally-based products to clean it with. There's a line called Method, which I've seen at Target, but it was kind of so-so on the greasy grime in my microwave. Surely there has to be a happy medium between that and the bleach-filled super chemical scrubbers?

No comments: