Friday, February 20, 2004

Okay, I went to bed early last night and awoke feeling refreshed and renewed. Maybe I was just tired yesterday. It was very gross. Gorgeous sunny day today which also helps the mood out a lot.

Heading to Beppo's tonight with the always-positive Rem and Wendy. Love those kids. I have decided to cash in my Christmas gift card there and enjoy a nice night out on the town snarfing down pasta and red wine.

Can I mention how much I love the library sometimes? It's a roulette wheel of sorts -- you never know what's going to pop up there. 98 percent of the time it's nothing but homeless people and books from 1972, but every now and then you find some best-selling modern day stuff. For FREE. I picked up Harry Potter number 4 there as well. Need to ration myself on this one, it's more than 700 pages and if I get on a HP-readathon spree like I did last weekend, I'm going to give myself a headache.

Finally, in another non-sequitur observation, I just wanted to send some good thoughts and best wishes to all of the gay and lesbian couples getting married in San Francisco. These two ladies have been together 51 years. FIFTY ONE YEARS. As a wise friend of mine observed recently, it's a pretty screwed up society where we have a reality show about straight people PRETENDING to be married, all just to win money but we won't allow committed and loving couples get married just becuase they're gay. GO LOVE.

No comments: